Summer School with Pizzazz
Oh, so you thought that headline said Pizza! Well, your cafeteria can offer that if you want, but we are talking about Pizzazz. You know, splash, zip, bells and whistles! Here are nine ways that the DataWORKS StepUP Academy will make your summer school classes more exciting than pizza!
1. Digital Lessons. Our Educeri lessons require no download or software, just project from any Internet-enabled device.
2. Concept- & Research-based Lessons. All lessons focus on a concept and include seven research-based components of a well-crafted lesson.
3. Digital Pacing Calendar. Imagine having each day pre-planned so your teachers’ workload is easier. Just click and check out what’s on the schedule.
4. Digital Assessments. Less grading for the teachers to do. Students can take assessments (just like the Smarter Balanced tests) by clicking online – and the scores are automatically delivered to the teacher’s email inbox!
5. Custom Curriculum. Principals and teachers can design their own curriculum for specific standards, and we’ll put all the details together for you.
6. Student Handouts. All lessons will have student handouts to enable students to follow the onscreen projection and work problems.
7. Student Whiteboards. We provide simple whiteboards for each student, enabling the teacher to easily check for understanding with the whole class throughout each lesson.
8. High Student Engagement. Summer school has a reputation for being boring and dull. But not when teachers use our highly-regarded Engagement Norms. These techniques keep students active with the lesson every few minutes.
9. Coaching. We also provide teachers with in-class coaching on all of these delivery techniques. The teachers will gain a new level of confidence and fine-tune their teaching style.
So, you can order extra cheese, tomatoes, and olives for your cafeteria’s pizza. But if you want to put some real meat in your summer school program, then you would do well to order some Pizzazz from DataWORKS.
Check out the details for our StepUP Academy, and see how to give your summer program the splash and zip that will make a difference to your teachers and students.